About me

Friday 5 June 2009

Dissociative Identity Disorder or not






Dissoaciative identity disorder is a psychological condition in which a person’s identity dissociates, or fragments, thereby creating identities within one individual. Each separate personality can be distinct from the other personalities in a number of ways. They may be look different from their posture, manner of moving, tone, and pitch of voice, gestures, facial expression and the use of the language. In some cases, they can split their identity in a large number of independent personalities or perhaps only two or three.
I have found an article that gives me an information about that. In that article, I found that there were two stories of actual women suffering from disso active identity disorder. Beside that, it has been extensively recounted in books and films that are familiar to public. It were Eve and Sybil. Eve has twenty-two separate personalities. And the true story that makes me amazed is in the same time Eve can make her three personalities. O..my…Three personalities! The other fact that founded is story about Sybil. She is a woman whose sixteen distinct personalities that happens in forty years. There was a book which describes Sybil’s experience. It written by Flora Rheta Schrebier and published in 1973.

When I remember again this story, I try to understand why it can happen. I try to understand this story and I bring to the reality in my life. Sometimes, I find people do like what I tell before. And sometime I think I have been at the point. I mean, I do something which is not me. May be u confuse, but this the true. I remember when I have a people who live nearby me and they can’t accept me, I push myself to a different person. I start to make a new person slowly by changing my tone. And when it happened my heart say I must stop it. But to be honest with you, I found many of people around me do the same thing. I know it is wrong. In my head, something whispers that you must do everything exactly like who you are. When I saw people around me try to change something, Even though it is too small. But it is not you, isn’t it? Max Lucado tells in his book, that if you do something but with the way of “not- you style”, the world will lose you. In that book, Max tells that as a human we are unique so do everything uniquely.

In my opinion, we must do everything using “you style” not “not-you style” because we are so unique that the world needs it. But if someone doesn’t like or accept it fix it but not destroy it. And the most important thing is we must accept people around us, and not judge what people do too much, because at Sybil’s novel, she said that she does it because in her environment may of her friend blame and make her doesn’t feel well, because she saw how they look, they talk to her life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More